What are the Ingredients in Tequila Gummy Bears Recipe?
The ingredients in the tequila gummy bears recipe are the following:
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 ounce unflavored, powdered gelatin
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
How much Tequila should You Add to Tequila Gummy Bears Recipe?
The amount of tequila that you should add to the tequila gummy bears recipe is around ½ to ¾ cup of tequila per 100 servings of a gummy bear. Note that drinking tequila may be better for you since it contains fewer sugar and calories (1-ounce tequila contains only 64 calories) than any other liquor. The amount also depends on the alcohol tolerance of the intended user.
Is Food Coloring Necessary for Tequila Gummy Bears?
No. food colouring is not necessary for creating tequila gummy bears. Adding food colouring is purely optional but highly recommended since it adds appeal to the tequila-soaked gummy bears. You can also use food colourings to create variations such as green gummy bear shots, white gummy bear shots, and even rainbow rummy bears.
What are the Instructions to Make Tequila Gummy Bears?
The following are the steps to make tequila gummy bears:
- First, add the agave syrup, tequila, and water to a saucepan and heat through. To combine, heat on a low setting and whisk until smooth.
- Next, whisk in the unflavored gelatin. Keep the heat low so as not to overcook the food. Make sure there are no formations of gelatin will remain when you mix it into the syrup. Remove and discard any froth that develops while mixing.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Then, spray the gummy molds with cooking spray (this will help remove the gummies easier). On your preferred flat surface, place the final molds. Fill in the final bear mold carefully with the tequila mixture using a dropper. To ensure that the liquid settles evenly, consistently wiggle the molds from time to time.
- Finally, refrigerate the tequila-soaked gummy bears until they have hardened, then remove them from the mold using a small knife.
Should Tequila Be Heated for Tequila Gummy Bears?
Yes. Tequila will be heated in creating tequila gummy bears. This is to ensure that the gummy bears will have additional alcohol content in themselves even before infusing the tequila mixture into the final product.
Does Heating Tequila Cause a Problem?
No. Heating tequila will not cause a problem. However, always maintain a low heat in the duration of cooking the tequila gummy bears. Maintain the heat under 90 degrees Fahrenheit to keep the ratio of the alcohol in the tequila-soaked gummy bears intact, as alcohol has a relatively lower boiling point than water (179 degrees Fahrenheit).
What methods are Used to Make Tequila Gummy Bears Recipe?
The following are the methods used to complete a tequila gummy bears recipe:
- Heating: the tequila mixture will be heated to integrate the alcohol content to the final product
- Freezing: placing the mixture into the freezer will make the texture of the tequila gummy bears rubberier.
- Foaming: foams will form when whisking the syrup, water, and tequila mixture. Make sure to get rid of it to prevent bubbles from being included in the final product.
What are the Cooking Utensils Required to Make Tequila Gummy Bear?
The cooking utensils required to make a tequila gummy bear are as follows:
- Bear Mold
How Long does It Take to Prepare a Tequila Gummy Bear?
On average, it takes 30 minutes to an hour to prepare and cook a tequila gummy bear mixture. The preparation time depends on how the mixture reacts to heating and whisking. More whisking and heating will be required when clumps of powdered gelatin or flavouring remain in the boozy gummy bears. An additional 30 minutes to 24 hours will be required as well to freeze the tequila-soaked gummy bears to the desired texture.
What are the Tips for Making Tequila Gummy Bears Recipe?
The tips for making tequila gummy bears recipe are:
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly before heating and cooking. Clumpy, gelatinous mixture will form when you under-whisk the mixture. Bubbles will also form inside the boozy gummy bears when the foam is not removed in the process.
- You can include additional flavors into the tequila gummy bears to improve the final product. However, when infusing fruity flavor, make sure to maintain the balance between the tequila and the flavoring so as to prevent the cooked gummy bears from being very sour.
Is Making Tequila Gummy Bears Recipes Simple?
Yes. Making a tequila gummy bears recipe is very simple, as you will not need additional cooking skills to prepare it. The only complicated task needed to prepare good boozy gummy bears would be in whisking the mixture to prevent clumps from forming. You will also need to monitor the temperature in cooking the tequila gummy bears to prevent overheating.
What do Tequila Gummy Bears Taste like?
Tequila gummy bears taste like the usual sweet gummy bear, but with a punch. In order to enhance the smoked oak flavour of the tequila in the gummy bear, increase the ratio between the tequila and the gelatin. You may also try soaking the gummy bears in a tequila mixture after freezing to coat the product with the taste of tequila than the usual sugary flavour.
Which Flavors are Compatible With Tequila Gummy Bears Recipe?
Fruity flavours are highly compatible with tequila gummy bear recipes. To enhance the punch of the final product, you may try infusing the boozy gummy bears with the following recommended fruity flavours:
Alternatively, you may choose to infuse the product with ginger beer or coconut soda, just like how you would mix it in a tequila drink.
Do Tequila Gummy Bears Get You Drunk?
Yes. Tequila gummy bears will get you drunk when not taken in moderation. On average, 100 tequila gummy bears containing ½ cup of tequila will make someone between 100 and 150 pounds (45 and 68 kg) fully intoxicated. Getting drunk in this dosage will also depend on your alcohol tolerance.
Where can you drink and serve the Tequila Gummy Bears?
You can drink and serve the tequila gummy bears during special occasions such as New Year’s Eve, adult Christmas parties, and even during birthdays. Always keep the boozy gummy bears out of reach of children as this can become highly intoxicating when consumed by inexperienced individuals.
What are the Other Recipes Like Tequila Gummy Bears Recipe?
You may also try out other recipes similar to the tequila gummy bears recipe, such as:
- Watermelon Jello shots
- Champagne gummy bears
- Jelly bean vodka
- Margarita gummy bear
- Vodka gummy bear