How Much Time It Takes to Prepare a Gummy Bear Bark?
It takes 1 hour and 6 minutes in total to prepare a gummy bear bark. This includes the chilling time (which can take 1-2 hours) and preparation time. If you use a bain-marie to heat your chocolate, it will take more time to prepare your gummy bear bark.
What is the Serving Size for Gummy Bear Bark?
This Gummy Bear Bark recipe serving size can yield up to 6 servings. These 6 servings of the Gummy Bear Bark recipe can feed up to 6 people. You can double the number of ingredients used in the recipe if you will be serving more than 6 people.
What are the Gummy Bear Bark Ingredients?
The ingredients for the Gummy Bear Bark are the following:
- 24–ounces of chocolate bark or chocolate chips
- 6 ounces of gummy bears from any brand of your choice
- Optional: rainbow sprinkles
How Much Chocolate Drops Do You Need to Use for Gummy Bear Bark?
The amount of chocolate drops you need to use for Gummy Bear Bark is 24 ounces. This can be chocolate bark or chocolate chips.
Can White Chocolate Be Used for Gummy Bear Bark?
Yes. You can use white chocolate for Gummy Bear Bark, depending on the recipe you will be using (if it calls for it) and your personal preferences.
How Healthy are the Main Ingredients of Gummy Bear Bark?
Chocolate, which is one of the main ingredients of Gummy Bear Bark, is considered by doctors to be one of the better and healthier variants of sweets because research results (particularly about dark chocolate) suggest cocoa flavonoids it contains may help with blood pressure and heart disease. A 100-gram chocolate bar contains 535 calories and 59.4g of carbohydrates.
In comparison, gummy bears due to their properties as chewy candy, are less healthy than chocolate because of their high sugar content and high acidity. It is also harder to remove from teeth. 100-gram serving size of gummy bears has 396 calories and 98.9g of carbohydrates.
What are the Gummy Bear Bark Preparation Steps?
The preparation steps for Gummy Bear Bark are as follows.
- First, heat your 24-ounces of chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on high heat. Next, return the chocolate to the microwave for 10 more seconds until the chocolate is fully melted if the chocolate has not fully melted. Make sure that the chocolate does not burn. You can also opt to melt your chocolate in a bain-marie.
- Secondly, you can use a sheet of cooking parchment or wax paper. After that, lay the sheet on a flat clean surface. Then spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the chocolate in a sheet and make sure to spread it evenly.
- Thirdly, place 3-4 gummy bears in your melted chocolate so they are completely covered. Following this step, turn the gummy bears over so you can completely cover them in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Next, top with sprinkles. This step is optional, as sprinkles are an optional ingredient.
- Last but not the least, put your chocolate-covered gummy bears in the fridge for 1-2 hours for the cooling process. Afterwards, they will be ready for serving.
What Techniques are Used in the Gummy Bear Bark Recipe?
This Gummy Bear Bark Recipe is a very simple one and uses simple culinary techniques. The techniques used in the recipe are the following:
- Melting chocolate in the microwave, or over a bain-marie.
- Coating the gummy bears in chocolate
- Refrigerating the end product
How should Gummies be Placed for the Gummy Bear Bark?
Gummies should be placed flat on top of the melted chocolate for the Gummy Bear Bark.
What are the Equipment Required to Make a Gummy Bear Bark?
The equipment required to make a gummy bear bark are:
- A spatula
- A microwave-safe bowl
- A microwave/a bain marie (for heating purposes)
- A sheet of wax paper/cooking parchment
- A baking rack
What are the Tips for Making Gummy Bear Bark?
The tips for making gummy bear bark are:
- Make sure you do not burn the chocolate. The chocolate is an integral part of the Gummy Bear Bark. Keep an eye on the chocolate while you heat it.
- Use a strong large gummy bear; some gummy bears will melt with the heat of the melted chocolate.
How Long Should Gummy Bear Bark be Refrigerated?
Gummy Bear Bark should be refrigerated for 10-15 minutes to allow it to cool down. The benefit of leaving the chocolate to cool is that it will allow the texture of the chocolate to harden and as a result, it will have a crunchy texture.
Is It Easy to Make Gummy Bear Bark?
Yes, it is easy to make Gummy Bear Bark because its ingredients are few and accessible, and its steps are also easy to follow and lastly, preparation time is relatively short compared to other recipes.
Is Gummy Bear Bark Suitable for Children?
Yes. Gummy Bear Bark is suitable for children especially this upcoming holiday season because it contains gummy bears and chocolates. These are two things that children love and enjoy. However, your children should not eat gummy bears on their own because they are a choking hazard.
How Sweet is the Gummy Bear Bark?
The sweetness of the Gummy Bear Bark will depend on the chocolate you will use for the recipe, especially if it is dark chocolate or semi-sweet.
Which Flavors are Compatible With Gummy Bear Bark?
Flavours compatible with Gummy Bear Bark are white chocolate, dark chocolate and caramel. The sweetness of these flavours helps elevate the fruity taste of gummy bears.
What is Gummy Bear Bark Sugar Ratio?
The Gummy Bear Bark Sugar Ratio is equal to 10 grams of sugar. Chocolate has a sugar ratio of 5g while gummy bears have a sugar ratio of 24.43g.
What are the Other Recipes Like Gummy Bear Bark?
Other recipes like the Gummy Bear Bark are Gummy Bear Popsicles, Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies and Gummy Bear Ice Cubes. These recipes make use of Gummy Bears and other sweets that children will enjoy making and eating.