How Long Does It Take to Make a Gummy Bear Pie?
To make a gummy bear pie it takes 1hr. It takes 20 minutes to prepare the ingredients to make the gummy bear pie and 40 mins for the pie to cook. Depending on your oven, the initial pie base could take between 5-7 minutes to bake.
How Many People Can Gummy Bear Pie Serve?
This recipe is designed to serve 8 people making the portion sizes small-medium for each person. To make the pie serve more portions either increase the recipe by adding more of the ingredients, or make the portion sizes smaller.
What are the Ingredients in Gummy Bear Pie?
The ingredients for this recipe are:
- 35 chocolate wafer cookies crushed.
- ½ cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 7 ounces of chocolate
- 1 cup of creme fraiche
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted.
How Healthy are the Main Ingredients of Gummy Bear Pie?
The nutritional values of the main ingredient of the gummy bear pie include creme fraiche, milk, butter and chocolate. The nutritional value for creme fraiche is that they contain 31.1g of fat and 2.7g of sugar per 100ml. Milk contains calcium, b vitamins and vitamin D, and every 100ml contains 1g of fat and 5 g of sugar. Per 100 grams butter contains 81g of fat and 0.1g of sugar. Chocolate contains 31grams of fat and 48 grams of sugar per 100g of chocolate.
What flavours can be Used for Gummy Bear Pie?
All gummy bear flavours can be used to make a gummy bear pie, but the best favours of gummy bear are apple, strawberry and pineapple. You can also add:
- Blue raspberry
- Pino colada
What are the steps for making Pie with Gummy Bear?
The steps for making a gummy bear pie are:
- prepare the cookies by placing them in a ziplock bag and crushing them until they are fine and powdery.
- Mix the crushed cookies with sugar and melted butter, combining until the ingredients can be pressed together. Press into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 5-7 minutes at 230°C or 210°C in a fan oven.
- In a separate bowl combine egg yolk and creme fraiche.
- On a stove, gently warm milk in a pan slowly adding the chopped chocolate making sure to stir continuously. When the chocolate has melted and is smooth, take the milk off the heat.
- Add the creme fraiche mixture to the chocolate mixture. Mix again.
- Pour the mixture into the cookie crust and bake at 160 degrees celsius for about 30-35 minutes. When you have taken the pie out of the oven the top should still be jiggly and will need to be set in the fridge.
- After the pie has fully set, decorate with gummy bears until the pie is covered. It is now ready to serve.
Can You Bake Gummy Bears in a Cake?
No, you cannot bake gummy bears as they will melt at the high temperatures required for baking. If you are seeking to meet your gummy bears in this way then yes you can bake them.
What techniques are Gummy Bear Pie made with?
The techniques used to prepare the gummy bear pie are:
- Cookie crushing
- Pie decorating
What is the Equipment Required to Make a Gummy Bear Pie?
The equipment required to make a gummy bear pie are:
- A 9-inch pie tin
- An oven
- A fridge
- A mixing bowl
- Ziplock bag or food processor.
- Hob and pan
What are the Tips for Making Gummy Bear Pie?
A tip for making gummy bear pie is to make sure to add the gummy bears after the pie has been fully set. This will give you the best decorating results. For extra crunch in the crust leave some of the biscuit bits slightly crunchy.
Is It Easy to Make Gummy Bear Pie?
It is very easy to make a gummy bear pie, making it the perfect recipe for children to make.
Is Gummy Bear Pie Healthy for Children?
Gummy bear pie is not healthy for children, this is because gummy bears are a choking hazard for small children. This pie is also full of sugar which is bad for children’s teeth.
How Much Sugar Does Gummy Bear Pie Contain?
The recipe contains 3 tablespoons of sugar alongside the sugar within the gummy bears and the chocolate. This is not healthy but a small serving is not harmful to you.
What Does Gummy Bear Pie Taste Like?
The gummy bear pie tastes like a chocolate dirt pie with fruity gummy bears. It should be a cool, sweet treat from the fridge. It looks chocolatey and tastes chocolaty.
Is Gummy Bear Pie Available to Buy?
No gummy bear pie is not available to buy.
Where to Buy Gummy Bear Pie?
You can either buy a dirt pie from your local bakery or you can make one at home.