How Long Does It Take to Prepare Gummy Bear Cake?
This gummy bear cake recipe takes 1hr and 10 mins to make in total. With 45 mins prep time and 20-25 minutes to cook, and time for the cake to cool and then decorate. If you are new to baking and cake decorating then this might take a bit longer especially decorating.
How Many Servings Is the Recipe of Gummy Bear Cake?
This recipe serves 5-6 people but if you fancy a larger serving then fewer people will get a slice of cake. If you want to increase the serving size either double the ingredients or add half of the ingredients on top of the given amount.
What are the Ingredients of Gummy Bear Cake?
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ tablespoons of salt
- ½ cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of flat confetti-like sprinkles (or the long ‘jimmies’)
- 2 cups of vanilla buttercream
- Neon food colouring
- Plenty of gummy bears for decoration
How Healthy are the Main Ingredients of Gummy Bear Cake?
The main ingredients such as sugar, buttercream, butter and sprinkle are fairly unhealthy if you consume too much of them. If you suffer from diabetes or are lactose intolerant should also avoid these ingredients. Gummy bears contain 87 calories per 22g of a gummy bear. Butter’s nutritional value has 81g of fat and 717 calories per 100 grams. Buttercream frosting has 143 calories and 7.1g of fat per 2 tablespoons (32g). Every 100g of sugar has 387 calories. Milk contains 42 calories and 1g of fat per 100g.
What are the Preparation Steps of Gummy Bear Cake?
- Step one, in a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until it is pale and fluffy using an electric mixer. Add sugar and mix until combined, then add vanilla extract and eggs until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients gradually, alternating with the milk. Next, add the sprinkles and mix until just combined.
- Grease two 9-inch round cake pans and divide the mixture evenly. Bake at 177°C for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked. Leave to cool completely.
- Next, cut the cake so that they are clean circles trimming the tops and bottoms so they are even. Then slice each of the cakes in half to make 4 layers.
- In another bowl, place half of the buttercream and divide the remaining buttercream between three bowls. Now dye the buttercream any neon colour of choice.
- On a serving tray/ plate, place one layer of cake and spread one layer of neon buttercream over the cake surface. Repeat with the other layers of cake until you reach the final layer. Once fully constructed, cover the entire cake with the remaining white buttercream.
- Place the gummy bears around the outside of the cake in a design that you like. Make sure the entire cake is covered with gummy bears. Place more bears on the centre of the cake.
- Now your cake is ready to serve.
What Are the Techniques Used for the Recipe of Gummy Bear Cake?
The techniques used to make a gummy bear cake are:
- Cake decoration
- Cake cutting
Can You Bake Gummy Bears in a Cake?
No, you cannot bake gummy bears into a cake as the temperature required to bake them would cause them to melt. You can incorporate gummy bears into a cake by putting them on as decoration.
What is the Equipment Required to Make a Gummy Bear Cake?
The equipment you will need to make a gummy bear cake are:
- A mixer
- An oven
- A spatula
- Weighing scales
- Cake pan
- Serving tray
What are the Tips for Making Gummy Bear Cake?
When making a gummy bear cake make sure the cake has fully cooled down before you begin applying the buttercream. The temperature of the cake will affect the way the buttercream sets or whether it will melt.
Is It Easy to Make a Gummy Bear Cake?
A gummy bear cake is fairly easy to make but may take some practice if you are new to baking and cake decorating.
Is Gummy Bear Cake Suitable for Children?
A gummy bear cake is not suitable for young children. This is because it has many gummy bears as decoration and they are a major choking hazard for young children.
What Does Gummy Bear Cake Taste Like?
A gummy bear tastes like your classic birthday cake and buttery icing, with extra sweetness and chewiness from the gummy bears. The gummy bear adds a unique fruitiness to an otherwise classic cake.
Which Flavors Are Compatible With Gummy Bears Ice Cream?
The gummy bear’s fruity flavour and the vanilla buttercream icing make it compatible with gummy bear ice cream.
What are the Other Recipes Like Gummy Bear Cake?
- Gummy bear ice cream
- Chocolate covered gummy bears
How Many Calories in Gummy Bear Cake?
The calories in a gummy bear cake are 2,610 calories. A birthday cake on average has 2,244 calories and a 175g packet of gummy bears has 396 calories. Making the total calorie intake of the entire cake 2,610. This will change depending on the amount f gummy bears you choose to use.
Is It Possible to Buy Gummy Bear Cake?
Yes, it is possible to buy a gummy bear cake.
Where to Buy Gummy Bear Cake
Gummy bear cakes can be commissioned from local bakeries that make cakes for you.
Can You Cover Cake with ZenBears Gummy Bear?
Yes, it is possible to cover a cake with ZenBears but you shouldn’t. The effects of eating a large amount of ZenBears could be headaches, fatigue and diarrhoea.