How Long Does It Take to Prepare Gummy Bear Brownie?
It takes 35 minutes to make these gummy bear brownies. This time includes preparation, mixing and baking.
How Many Servings Is a Recipe of Gummy Bear Brownie?
This recipe makes 16 brownie squares serving 16 people one brownie each. If you wish to increase the serving size by cutting them into triangles. The brownies cut into triangles will make 32 servings.
What are the Ingredients of Gummy Bear Brownie?
The ingredients you will need to make gummy bear brownies are:
- 185g of unsalted butter
- 85g of plain flour
- 185g of dark chocolate
- 40g cocoa powder
- 50g white chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 50g of milk chocolate
- 275g golden caster sugar
Ingredients for topping:
- 50g of dark chocolate (minimum of 70%)
- 200g of icing sugar
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Milk, to loosen.
- Gummy bears to decorate.
How Healthy are the Main Ingredients of Gummy Bear Brownie?
The main ingredients of gummy bear brownies are butter, sugar and gummy bears. These are fairly unhealthy ingredients. Per 100g, sugar contains 387 calories. Per 100g, butter contains 717 calories and 81g of fat. As gummy bear cupcakes contain a lot of sugar and butter these are not considered healthy treats.
What are the Preparation Steps of Gummy Bear Brownie?
- Step one, cube unsalted butter (keeping the cubes small) into a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place it into the bowl with the butter.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir the butter and chocolate until they have fully melted together.
- Remove the bowl and leave the mixture to cool. Trim baking parchment to fit a shallow baking tin.
- Add the plain flour, cocoa powder to a medium bowl, making sure to sieve so you remove any lumps.
- Chop white and milk chocolate into chunks. Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and add in the caster sugar. Using an electric mixer whisk the contents of the bowl at maximum speed for 3-8 minutes. When the mixture is pale and double the size of the original amount it should be ready.
- Pour the chocolate mixture and the egg mixture into and gently fold together using a rubber or silicone spatula. Making sure to make a figure of eight until the two mixtures are completely combined and look dark brown.
- Using a sieve, sift the cocoa powder and flour over the egg and chocolate mixture and using the same technique, fold the ingredients together. Gently fold until the mixture moves from dry to moist and fudgy. Making sure not to over mix the ingredients.
- Finally, stir in chocolate chunks and pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Spread the mixture into the four corners of the prepared tin.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Check to make sure the centre of the brownie is fully set, if it is not it may need more time. When the brownies are shiny on the top they are ready.
- Leave the baked brownie to cool inside the tin until it is completely cool.
- Next melt the chocolate set aside for the frosting in a bowl over hot water as you did in step 2. When it has fully melted remove it from the saucepan and allow it to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, mix butter and icing sugar in a bowl. Making sure to add the icing sugar gradually. Then pass the vanilla extract and beat again.
- Fold in the melted chocolate adding a few drops of milk if the mixture is too stiff until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Once the brownie has fully cooled, add your frosting to the top and sprinkle the gummy bears on top for decoration.
- Cut into squares or triangles and they are ready to serve!
Will Gummies Melt if Baked in Brownie Mix?
Yes, gummy bears will melt if baked into a brownie mix as they melt from 35 degrees celsius.
What Are the Techniques Used for Recipe of Gummy Bear Brownie?
The techniques you will need for this recipe are:
- Using an electric mixer
- Melting chocolate using a bain-marie
- Sifting using a sieve
What is the Equipment Required to Make a Gummy Bear Brownie?
What equipment you will need to make gummy bear brownies:
- An electric mixer
- An oven
- A baking tin
- Baking parchment
- A silicone or rubber spatula
- A sieve
- A saucepan
- A heatproof bowl
What are the Tips for Making Gummy Bear Brownies?
When making gummy bear brownies make sure not to place the gummy bears in the oven as they will melt and very quickly. Be gentle when folding the ingredients together so as to not over mix.
Is It Easy to Make a Gummy Bear Brownie?
Making gummy bear brownies is of medium difficulty. As this recipe requires different techniques it might be better suited to someone with some baking experience.
Is Gummy Bear Brownie Suitable for Children?
As gummy bears are not suitable for small children these brownies are not suitable for them. But for children over the age of 10, gummy bear brownies are suitable for these children.
What Does Gummy Bear Brownie Taste Like?
Gummy bear brownies taste chocolate and sweet. The fruitiness of the gummy bear compliments the chewiness of the brownie very well.
Which Flavors Are Compatible With Gummy Bears Ice Cream?
What are the Other Recipes Like Gummy Bear Brownie?
- Chocolate covered gummy bears
- Gummy bear ice cream
- Gummy bear cupcakes
Is Gummy Bear Brownie Healthy?
As the brownie recipe contains 275g of golden caster sugar the added sugar within the gummy bears makes these a very unhealthy snack. The brownie recipe also contains 185 grams of dark chocolate and 50g of white chocolate.
How to Make Gummy Bear Brownie more Healthy?
To make gummy bear brownies more healthy, add less butter and only one type of chocolate.
Can ZenBears be Used in Brownie Cake?
No, you should not add ZenBears to a brownie cake as it would be unhealthy to consume large amounts f CBD. Adding ZenBears in the cake making process could also damage the integrity of the CBD within ZenBears.