How Long Does It Take to Prepare Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
It takes 30 mins to make the gummy bear thumbprint cookies. This includes time for the combined ingredients to set in the freezer.
How Many Servings Is a Recipe of Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
This recipe makes a serving size of 36, which is 36 small gummy bear thumbprint cookies. If you wish to increase the size of the mixture either double the recipe or add an additional half of the mixture on top of the current recommended amount.
What are the Ingredients of Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
Here are the ingredients for making these thumbprint cookies:
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ of salt
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup of unsalted butter softened to room temperature.
- 36 gummy bears (one for each cookie)
How Healthy are the Main Ingredients of Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
As the main ingredients in this recipe are sugar, butter and gummy bears they are not considered a healthy snack. Gummy bears contain 13g of sugar for every 22g of a gummy bear. Butter contains 81g of fat and 717 calories for every 100g. For every 100g of sugar, you can expect 387 calories.
What are the Preparation Steps of Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
Here is how to make gummy bear thumbprint cookies:
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar until creamy. Then add egg yolks one at a time before stirring in the vanilla extract. Mix in the salt and flour until all the ingredients and completely combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Next, preheat the oven to 175c and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Take the mixture out of the freezer and roll cookies into tablespoon-sized balls. Place them on the baking tray 1 inch apart. Press your thumb into the centre of each cookie so that it is wide enough for the gummy bears to fit and not spill out when melted.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until they look like they are almost ready. Now place a gummy bear in the centre of each cookie and return to the oven. The gummy bears will melt within two minutes.
- After the gummy bears have melted, take the cookies out of the oven and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Now they are ready to serve.
What Are the Techniques Used for Recipe of Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
Should You Fill Thumbprint Cookies Before or After Baking?
You should fill the thumbprint cookies after baking them and cook them for a further 2 mins.
How Do You Keep Thumbprint Cookies from Spreading?
To stop thumbprint cookies from spreading you must make sure there are no cracks in the cookie dough when you press your thumb into it. The cracks will allow the melted gummy bear to run out.
Do Gummy Bears Melt in the Oven?
Yes, gummy bears do melt in the oven. If you leave them for too long they will burn instead of melt.
At What Temperature do Gummy Bears Melt?
Gummy bears will melt from 35 c/ 95 F and above.
What are the Tools Required to Make Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
To make these cookies you will need:
- A mixing bowl
- An electric or hand mixer
- A freezer
- An oven
- Cooling rack
What are the Tips for Making Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
Some tips for making thumbprint cookies are to make sure not to press the cookie dough too hard when making the centres. This will make the mixture crack and the melted gummy bears will pour out. Make sure to keep the centre deep enough but not too thin so that it cracks.
Is It Easy to Make Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
It is very easy to make gummy bear thumbprint cookies and this is a perfect treat to make with children.
Is Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies Suitable for Children?
As the gummy bears are melted in these cookies they are suitable for children. But only a small amount as they contain a lot of sugar. The melted gummy bears are suitable for small children as they are no longer a choking hazard.
What Does Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies Taste Like?
Gummy bear thumbprint cookies taste like a plain vanilla cookie with a sugary, fruity centre.
Which Flavors are Compatible With Gummy Bears Thumbprints Cookies?
The flavours that are compatible with thumbprint cookies are chocolate and fruit flavours such as raspberry and strawberry.
What are the Other Recipes Like Gummy Bear Thumbprint Cookies?
- Chocolate covered gummy bears
- Gummy bear Icecream
- Gummy bear cupcakes