Can You Put Gummy Bears in Cupcake?
You cannot bake gummy bears into a cupcake a the gummy bears will melt.
How Long Does It Take to Prepare Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
These cupcakes take 40 minutes to make. It may take longer if your cupcakes haven’t had enough time to cool down before decorating.
How Many Servings Is a Recipe of Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
This recipe will make 12 servings of cupcakes. One cupcake for each person makes this recipe suitable for 12 people. You can half the number of ingredients for 6 people or add half to make enough for 18 servings. Adjust the recipe according to your needs.
What are the Ingredients of Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
The ingredients you will need for this recipe are:
- 110g of golden caster sugar
- 110g of softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 110g of self-raising1 tsp flour
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- Gummy bears for decoration
For the buttercream:
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 150g softened butter
- 300g icing sugar
- Food colouring of your choice
How Healthy are the Main Ingredients of Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
The main ingredients for gummy bear cupcakes are not very healthy. Per 100g, sugar contains 387 calories. Per 100g, butter contains 717 calories and 81g of fat. Per 100g, flour contains 364 calories. As gummy bear cupcakes contain a lot of sugar and butter these are not considered healthy treats.
What are the Preparation Steps of Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
Making Gummy bear cupcakes is fairly simple, here is what you need to do.
- Preheat the oven to a 180c or 160c fan, and prepare the 12 cupcake cases in a tray.
- Whisk together the softened butter and golden caster sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Then whisk in two large eggs one at a time.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, flour and a pinch of salt and combine using a whisk. Spoon the mixture into the 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 15mins until it turns golden and when a toothpick is inserted it comes out clean. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Preparations for the buttercream are as follows. Whisk together the 150g of softened butter until it is even softer and smoother. Next add the icing sugar, a pinch of salt and the vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer whisk until the buttercream mixture is smooth and then beat in the milk. Making sure to start slow and increase the speed gradually to avoid an icing sugar cloud.
- Finally, add the food colouring of choice to your buttercream.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely decorate the cakes using the coloured buttercream and gummy bears.
- They are now ready to serve.
What Are the Techniques Used for Recipe of Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
In order to make gummy bear cupcakes you need to know a few techniques:
- How to use an electric mixer
- Testing a baked cake with a skewer
- Cake decoration
What is the equipment Required to Make Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
The equipment needed to make gummy bear cupcakes are:
- Cupcake cases
- Cupcake tin
- Electric mixer
- A spoon
- Wire cooling rack
What are the Tips for Making Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
To make your cupcakes even for after baking use an ice cream scoop to transfer the mixture into the cases. This guarantees you will have the perfect amount of mixture in each cupcake case.
Is It Easy to Make Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
Gummy bear cupcakes are very easy to make. If you are new to baking testing the cupcakes with a skewer will make it easier to know when they are done.
Is Gummy Bear Cupcakes Suitable for Children?
Gummy Bear cupcakes are sustainable for children over the age of 10. Gummy bears are not suitable for small children as they can be a potentially serious choking hazard.
What Does Gummy Bear Cupcakes Taste Like?
Gummy Bear cupcakes taste like a classic vanilla cupcake with a buttery vanilla topping. The gummy bears add a fruity juicy extra taste to the cupcake experience.
Which Flavors Are Compatible With Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
The buttercream can be flavoured with another culinary essence other than vanilla essence to change the flavour. Such as lemon flavouring, peppermint extract or even orange extract. This should give you more gummy bear cupcake ideas.
What are the Other Recipes Like Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
There are other recipes like gummy bear cupcakes such as:
- Gummy bear cakes
- Gummy bear icecream
- Chocolate covered gummy bears
Can You Use Cinnamon to Make Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
Yes, you can add Cinnamon to your cupcake mixture to give it some extra spice. There are no health benefits to adding cinnamon.
Can Gummy Bear Cupcakes be Made for Baby Shower?
Yes, it is a great idea to make gummy bear cupcakes for a baby shower. This is because they add a pop of colour and fruity flavour to the classic baby shower cupcake.
Do Bakeries Make Gummy Bear Cupcakes?
Yes if they make them the house they will sell you some. You have to request a gummy bear cupcake from a bakery.