What are the benefits of CBD Oil for Cancer Treatment?
CBD cancer benefits for cancer treatment are that it provides pain relief for cancer patients, helps ease nausea and it also helps stimulate appetite.
1. CBD Oil Relieves Pain for Cancer Patients
According to research, CBD may ease neuropathic pain. These are usually common in patients, especially during their cancer treatments.
2. CBD Easing Nausea caused by Chemotherapy
One of CBD’s benefits includes its ability to ease the pain. CBD can also help ease nausea caused by chemotherapy because it interacts with serotonin receptors in your brain. Serotonin highly influences your mood and a general sense of well-being.
3. CBD Oil Stimulates Appetite
Cancer treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy have plenty of side effects. These range from nausea to loss of weight. Loss of appetite leads to weight loss. CBD has been shown to help with weight change; one of the most common side effects of CBD treatment is appetite change.
In addition, there have been different tests and studies about CBD for different kinds of cancers such as breast cancer and CBD for dog cancer. Additional information is:
- A 2010 research was able to find that CBD could cause big improvement in preclinical models of metastatic breast cancer. CBD presence had reduced breast cancer cell proliferation and invasion.
- CBD for dog cancer was explored by researchers as a treatment. It was found out that CBD at various concentrations had different effects on dogs with cancer.
How does CBD help for Cancer Treatment?
Cancer treatments are defined as the use of surgery, radiation, medications and other therapies to cure cancer, shrink cancer or stop the progression of cancer and depending on your situation.
CBD helps for cancer treatment due to its ability to ease pain, help stimulate appetite and ease cancer-treatment induced nausea as appetite loss, nausea and pain are common side effects from cancer treatments. Cancer treatments include:
- Surgery – In surgery, doctors can remove the cancer as much as possible.
- Chemotherapy – This treatment uses drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy – This cancer treatment uses high-powered energy beams to kill cancer cells. Radiation treatment can come from a machine outside your body or put inside your body.
According to the National Cancer Institute, cancer treatments have plenty of side effects. These include nausea, pain and appetite loss.
CBD helps in cancer treatment as a complementary side treatment due to its ability to stimulate appetite, ease nausea and pain (due to its interactions with serotonin receptors in the brain).
How does CBD affect cancer cells?
CBD affects the cancer cells by slowing down the growth of cancer cells while also working in tandem with radiation therapy and/or chemotherapy. A study was done in 2019 by Vladimir N. Ivanov, Jinhua Wu, Tony J.C. Wang and Tom K. Hei indicates that CBD could provoke cell death and make glioblastoma cells more sensitive to radiation.
Can CBD be used as a cancer precaution?
Yes, CBD can be used as a cancer precaution. In 2015, Anil A. Thomas and her fellow researchers found a promising relationship between cannabis and bladder cancer. Research participants who took cannabis had a 45% lower risk of developing bladder cancer.
Is CBD Good for Cancer Prevention?
No. Despite plenty of studies that have delved into CBD and its effects on cancer, results have been hit or miss. In addition, according to the National Cancer Institute, more research has also shown that cannabis smoke produces carcinogens but the deeper link between cannabis and cancer remains inconclusive. There still needs to be more studies about what role, if any, CBD has in preventing cancer.
Is CBD Safe for People with Cancer?
Yes, CBD is safe for people with cancer because it can help with the side effects that cancer treatments usually cause (as a side treatment) and manage cancer symptoms, according to Healthline.com and Medical News Today.
Does CBD Have Any Side Effects for Cancer?
Yes, CBD does have side effects for cancer. Healthline.com, a leading health reference website, states that CBD’s side effects are mild and few. These side effects are diarrhoea, weight change and tiredness.
How does a Doctor use CBD for Cancer Treatment?
A doctor uses CBD for cancer treatment through, according to PhysiciansPractice.com, the following procedures:
- Establishing a Preexisting Medical Relationship with the Patient – Firstly, before the doctor can recommend CBD oil for cancer treatment, the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) recommends that physicians first make sure they have a documented, existing medical relationship with the patient.
- Document Patient Evaluation – Second, the doctor has to document an in-person medical evaluation and collection of relevant medical history. The medical history of the patient is a crucial factor, as it provides insight into possible treatments for the patient.
- Advise and decide together alongside the patient – The third step is to advise and decide together alongside the patient. This is also the most crucial part. Before the doctor gives his recommendation, they also have to consider the risks and benefits of using CBD oil for cancer with the patient. After discussing the risks and benefits of CBD, they will usually make the decision to pursue CBD oil as a treatment.This step is a key to minimizing liability, as the patient is also given a bigger role, to decide for their well-being. Due to legalities regarding cannabis, CBD oil can only be recommended and not prescribed by doctors.
- Do not forget a treatment agreement – Doctors who recommend CBD oil also usually document alternative options available to the patient through a treatment agreement. Treatments and agreements should include a review of other measures attempted to ease the suffering caused by the terminal or debilitating medical condition that does not involve the recommendation of CBD oil. It should also include advice about risk and duration of CBD authorisation.
- Avoid any relationship with other cannabis products – Finally, the doctor has to maintain a clear and impartial relationship to CBD oil and marijuana in general. This is done to reduce the potential liability from recommending CBD oil. This means that doctors should not have a professional office at or near a marijuana dispensary or cultivation centre, or receive compensation from or hold a financial interest in a CBD-related business. As a result of complicated legalities regarding marijuana and lack of regulation, reducing the potential risk of liability is the best that physicians can do in the case of CBD oil.
What Dosage of CBD should You Use for Cancer?
The dosage of CBD you should use for cancer is 50 to 600 mg per day, according to a study conducted by Phillip Good. The study suggests that 50-600 mg of CBD per day is a safe dosage you can take to help with cancer-related pain.
For Which types of Cancer should CBD be used?
CBD should be used in colon cancer, breast cancer and pancreatic cancer because various and recent research have already established the effectiveness of CBD in treating those types of cancers.
What CBD Products should you use for Cancer?
The CBD product you should use for cancer is CBD oil due to its accessibility. Even if it is in oil form, it still contains CBD, which has plenty of health benefits and can help manage cancer symptoms. The best CBD oil for cancer we recommend are Royal CBD and Gold Bee.
Royal CBD is highly recommended because it is cheaper than most of the other premium CBD oils, very potent, sourced from US-grown organic hemp.
Can CBD be Used for Pets with Cancer?
Yes, CBD can be used for pets with cancer. While CBD is not exactly a cure for cancer, due to the hit or miss nature of research on CBD and its effects on different cancers, it may slow the growth of cancer cells while also working in tandem with radiation therapy and/or chemotherapy. In addition, it can also greatly improve the quality of life of your pet.
For dosage, this is the basic rule: 1–5 mg CBD for every 10 pounds of body weight every 8 hours or as needed. Our top picks for the best CBD oil for dogs with cancer are Verma Farms, Evn CBD and Petly. They have good prices, are accessible and also pet-friendly.
What are the Studies about Effects of CBD on Cancer?
Studies about the effects of CBD on cancer include:
- In 2019, Golnaz Sharafi, Hong He, and Mehrdad Nikfarjam discovered cannabinoids can help slow tumour growth, reduce tumour and induce tumour cell death for pancreatic cancer.
- A long-term study conducted by Anil A. Thomas and company on California Men’s Health Study cohort found that using cannabis may be inversely associated with bladder cancer risk.
- In 2014, Barbara Romano learned CBD may inhibit the spread of colorectal cancer cells.
Is THC Required in CBD for the Treatment of Cancer?
No, THC is not required in CBD for the treatment of cancer. However, it has been suggested that you can take THC alongside CBD for cancer treatment. According to Phillip Good, the potential benefits of THC can include pain control, nausea improvement, and relaxation of muscles with potential side effects including psychosis, sedation and intoxication.